https://www.fleetdrivingsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Fleet-Driving-Solutions-Logo.png 0 0 Advanced Driver Training https://www.fleetdrivingsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Fleet-Driving-Solutions-Logo.png Advanced Driver Training2017-06-01 20:44:002017-06-01 20:53:57Fuel Efficient Driving Tips
Switch off your engine
- Many newer cars automatically turn off when stationary in neutral. If yours doesn’t, turn off your engine when you’ve stopped for a minute or so to save fuel.
- Driving at lower revs reduces fuel consumption so change up a gear at around 2,000 RPM.
- Assess the road ahead as much as possible to avoid unnecessary braking and acceleration, which increases the amount of fuel you use.
- Your fuel costs will increase the faster you drive so keep speeds reasonable.
Windows vs air conditioning
- If you are traveling at low speed opening the windows is more efficient. If traveling at 60 miles per hour or above, closing the windows and using the air con will save you more.
- Under-inflated tyres increase your fuel consumption and can be dangerous on the road so check them once a month and before long journeys.
- Having these attached to your car when they’re not being used will increase drag and increase your fuel costs.
Lighten your load
- Remove excess items from your car before traveling to reduce weight.